Welcome Text

Welcome to my weather blog. Throughout the semester, I will be making daily updates (including corresponding photos and/or videos) about the weather occurring in the Eau Claire area. In addition, many photos and videos illustrating weather from other parts of the world that I find interesting will be included.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Minimal Snow

To be honest, today was something of a letdown.  I actually don't mind snow for the most part, and I was looking forward to one more big snowfall. However, this storm fell far below the early predictions.  By the time I got up early this morning, it was already snowing.  It was coming down steadily on my way into school.  However, the temperature was still fairly warm.  As a result, a lot of the snow melted when it reached the ground.

By the time I was walking home late this afternoon, the snow was done falling.  It only amounted to a couple of inches.  Stratus clouds remained in the sky after the snowfall was over.  Light wind conditions were prevalent for most of the day.

Figure 1 shows two high-pressure systems in the general area.  Based on that, I predict a fairly calm day tomorrow.  Clear to scattered sky conditions.  A light N/NW wind will reduce the temperature.  Precipitation will be unlikely.

Figure 1.  Current surface map from The Weather Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment