Welcome Text

Welcome to my weather blog. Throughout the semester, I will be making daily updates (including corresponding photos and/or videos) about the weather occurring in the Eau Claire area. In addition, many photos and videos illustrating weather from other parts of the world that I find interesting will be included.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Minimal Changes

Except for early this morning and late this afternoon, I wasn't able to get outside and make any weather observations.  However, my predictions were fairly accurate based on what I did see.  Early this morning, the sky was overcast with stratus clouds.  The temperature was still cold, but it was still fairly early.  By the time I was walking home late this afternoon, the sky was clear to scattered consisting of primarily cirrus clouds.  Temperature was still very warm, which was supported by the recent snow melt.

A quick glance at Figure 1 might indicate that some precipitation is in store for us in the near future.  However, a closer examination reveals an occluded front, which means that the storm is basically cut off from its energy source. Thus, I believe the storm will have run its course by the time it reaches Eau Claire.  With the low pressure moving through, a light wind should start coming from the SW by tomorrow.  Temperature will be roughly the same as today, possibly a little warmer.  Cloud cover will be scattered to broken. There will be a small chance of precipitation.

Figure 1.  Current weather map from The Weather Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment