Welcome Text

Welcome to my weather blog. Throughout the semester, I will be making daily updates (including corresponding photos and/or videos) about the weather occurring in the Eau Claire area. In addition, many photos and videos illustrating weather from other parts of the world that I find interesting will be included.

Monday, February 14, 2011

An end to the increase in temperature?

There was a clear, blue sky this morning.  With a mild temperature and the sun, a hat and gloves weren't necessary.  The Schofield flag indicated a northwest wind, but the conditions were calm overall.  The sky eventually clouded up and was overcast when I went back outside around 4.  The temperature remained in the 30's for most of the day.  Conditions were still calm concerning the wind based on my observation of the Schofield flag.  This contradicts reports made by multiple websites at that time, which indicated that there was a northwest wind of 10 miles per hour.  However, the figure below supports my observation of minimal wind. Overall, my predictions on the cloud cover, temperature, and lack of precipitation were accurate.  However, I thought it would be much windier today.

I looked at some forecasts and seen that a high-pressure system will be moving into the area.  Based on this, I predict that tomorrow will bring a slight decrease in temperature and cloud cover.  Calm wind conditions will prevail, and precipitation will be unlikely.

Surface map provided by Unisys from 4 this afternoon.  An overcast
sky and light west wind are shown in the Eau Claire area.  

No comments:

Post a Comment