Welcome Text

Welcome to my weather blog. Throughout the semester, I will be making daily updates (including corresponding photos and/or videos) about the weather occurring in the Eau Claire area. In addition, many photos and videos illustrating weather from other parts of the world that I find interesting will be included.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Winter Weather Advisory

The hype behind the snowstorm that should be starting shortly started last week, but it has gradually decreased in magnitude this week.  However, the area is still under a winter weather advisory that runs through 6 pm tomorrow. Figure 1 warns that we still might get a fair amount of snow.

When I left the house late this morning, the temperature was fairly warm. Broken cloud cover was allowing some sunlight through, which only helped to increase the temperature and melting of snow.  On my way to work this afternoon, the conditions were overcast.  The clouds were stratus, possibly stratocumulus since I seen some variation in the cloud cover.  On my way home at nine, the snowfall still hadn't begun.

I predict it will begin snowing shortly and continue through the night. However, the snowfall should taper off by the early afternoon.  Temperature will decrease, but it won't get too cold.  Light to moderate winds will be prevalent for most of the day.  After the snowfall ceases, scattered to broken clouds will linger.

Figure 1.  Wednesday forecast from AccuWeather.

No comments:

Post a Comment